Energy production installations
Turbine Hall Building (Thailand)
Participation, alongside SETEC – Energie Environnement (Lyon, France), in the execution design studies for the Turbine Hall building of the power plant.
This steel-framed building, with a floor area of 3500m2 and a height of 34m, houses a set of essential equipment for the plant’s installation.
Our intervention consisted in offering our client technical advice for the dimensioning of the steel structure of the building according to AISC standards, the installation being built in a region of high seismicity. We also took charge of all the calculations of the assemblies as well as the complete execution study of a number of secondary frames inside the building.
The project is being carried out by incorporating the BIM approach between all stakeholders, an essential approach for this type of project, in order to manage upstream the conflicts between the structural components, the equipment and the very dense network of piping dispersed throughout the building.
General contractor: General Electric
Customer: SETEC Energie Environnement
Sharjah, Waste to Energy Facility (DUBAI, U.A.E.)
Our mission for this project is approaching its completion. The facility will have an annual treatment capacity of 300,000 tons of waste, or 37.5 tons per hour, and will produce a net energy output of 29 MW.
We were committed alongside SETEC Energie-Environnement by having a varied set of substations at our charge:
- Contribution (steel structure part) to the technical specifications of the execution design project;
- Assistance to our client for the design and dimensioning of the steel structure of the Waste Bunker building. Execution study of the assemblies and runway girders of the overhead crane (double crane, capacity 22 tons);
- Execution design study of the structure, the assemblies, the overhead crane runway girders (60 t) and the secondary structures of the Turbine Hall building;
- Execution design study of the structure, composite floors and assemblies of the Workshop building;
- Execution design study of the structure and assemblies of the Good’s Lift (attached to the Boiler building).
Client: SETEC Energy-Environment
Client : Masdar and Bee’ah